Simply allow the feeling happen…… examine it…talk to it….spend some time with it… then allow it to pass through you.
In this exercise you will start to examine and acknowledge your feelings. Feelings are “messengers” from our body and brain. They are there to keep us safe. All feelings are “okay” and need to tell us something. In this activity you will take the time to listen to what the “feeling” is telling you.
Materials Needed for Self-Healing in Sand Tray Therapy:
-One miniature that represents a feeling you are experiencing in the present moment.
-One prepared Sand Tray for Sand Tray Therapy.
Directions for Sand Tray Therapy Self-Healing Activity:
1. Chose one miniature that represents the feeling you are experiencing in the present moment.
2. Place it in the sand tray wherever you want it to be.
3. Ask the miniature what it needs? Try to find out what the miniature (feeling) is trying to tell you, or teach you. Tell your “miniature” it is safe in the sand tray.
4. If applicable give the feeling a name.
5. Acknowledge the “feeling miniature” and spend some time with it. Let it know you except it at this moment in time.
6. Allow the “feeling” to pass through you as if it was sand and you were a colander.
7. Make a note of the “miniature feeling” and discuss with your therapist if needed. Keep the miniature handy because you will probably use for future sand tray therapy activities.
My Feeling that is Presenting is:___________________________________________
Miniature Chosen to Represent a Feeling:___________________________________
The Name I have given My “Feeling Miniature” is:_________________________
Notes, Thoughts, Comments about the Sand Tray Therapy Session:
Disclaimer: This website and its content is intended for trained licensed mental health professionals and school certified mental health professionals to use for their clients / students at their own discretion.
*If you ignore the disclaimer above are using these techniques on yourself and you feel any discomfort or upset it is highly suggested that you seek out a licensed mental health professional immediately.
For any other type of mental health emergency call your local 911 / Police Number immediately.
Dr. Stangline does not offer advice / suggestions to anyone who is not a professional mental health provider, or a student who is studying this field and has questions about mental health programs of study.
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's less than $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
Art Therapy 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
Only $39.95Art Therapy 101 eBook for Sale Link
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information: