Miss Gumdrop knows that the basics of good manners start with your appearance. Your appearance is the most basic start to learning good and practicing manners.
Good grooming is a daily habit that should be practiced by all who want to show good manners.
Let’s start with the facts below about why good grooming and good appearance are important:
- People Judge You on Your Outward Appearance- It is sad to say but you are first judged by others by your outward appearance.
Have you heard of the saying, “Don’t judge a book by its cover?” Well, people do judge people on their first impression and that is basically your appearance.
- Good grooming effects the way you feel. If you are clean and well groomed you have more confidence and self-esteem.
- Your mirror tells you what others see.
- Good grooming means you are fighting off germs and disease. When you are clean you are less likely to get germs that can cause illness.
Germ & Disease Prevention
Let’s start with the most important reason why we need to be well groomed.
No one likes to get sick and subject themselves to germs, illness, or diseases. People will avoid you if they think you are sick.
This is a natural defense against illness and disease. If you smell people don’t want to be around you because it makes them feel sick to smell you.
Do you like to be around bad smells? Of course not! If you had a choice to keep a bag of rotten, smelly, vegetables in your lunch box, or sweet smelling candy which would you choose? The sweet smelling candy of course!
Here are the basics of good grooming and healthy hygiene (How you take care of yourself):
1. Take a bath or shower each day (Morning, or night). Use soap, warm water, and a clean wash cloth.
Scrub your entire body with the soap and washcloth. Rinse clean. Stinky skin is germy skin! If you are over ten years old wear a deodorant every day.
2. Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Floss at least once a day. No one likes to smell bad breath. Bad breath comes from not brushing your teeth.
Not brushing your teeth causes all kinds of tooth problems. Germs in your mouth will rot your teeth! Teeth will fall out if you do not take care of them! Bad breath means germs are in your mouth.
3. Wash your hair often! Nobody likes to look at greasy hair. Germs can live in your hair too! Greasy hair is filled with oily germs.
4. Wash your face twice a day. Wash it in the bath or shower and then again in the sink with warm soapy water. This will help stop pimples too! Oily skin is germy skin.
5. Wash your hands several times a day! Your hands can get very germy and dirty when you touch things, people, and animals.
Wash your hands often especially after you go to the bathroom and before you eat. Germs from your hands can transfer to your mouth, nose, and eyes just by touching them.
6. You also need to clean your finger nails. Did you know little germy worms like to live in the dirt under your nails? Use soap and warm water to get them out.
7. Wear clean clothes. No one likes to see dirty food stains or dirt on your clothes. Also, your clothes can hold smells from your body.
No one likes to smell bad smells! This makes people want to stay away from you. Germs can live in your clothes too! Wash your clothes after you wear them with soap and water in the sink, or washing machine.
Copyright 2015 (C) By Creative Counseling 101.com
Disclaimer: This website and its content is intended for trained licensed mental health professionals and school certified mental health professionals to use for their clients / students at their own discretion.
*If you ignore the disclaimer above are using these techniques on yourself and you feel any discomfort or upset it is highly suggested that you seek out a licensed mental health professional immediately.
"Beyond Art Therapy" is the concept from Dr. Stangline that combines all creative fields in therapy. It is not the traditional "art therapy" but goes beyond to include sand tray therapy, play therapy, mindfulness, meditation, color therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and a vast majority of other therapies.
For any other type of mental health emergency call your local 911 / Police Number immediately.
Dr. Stangline does not offer advice / suggestions to anyone who is not a professional mental health provider, or a student who is studying this field and has questions about mental health programs of study.
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
See Creative Counseling 101 eBook Information Here:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's less than $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
See Complete Set of eBooks For Sale Here:
New!!! "Beyond Art Therapy" 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Beyond Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information:
Warm & Fuzzy School Counselor Guidance Lessons eBook