Some therapist and school counselors have to travel around to do therapy. This can be a bit of a hassel unless you have a creative tool tool box.
You can see how I handle traveling around while doing therapy. It is also great for the school counselor who has to go from school to school to counsel students.
My Traveling Creative Counseling Tools:
I often travel to serve the needs of clients. Below are the tools that I take with me when I am traveling to meet a client.
1. One large traveling crate
2. Bags of miniatures: I love the tubes of animals such as jungle, reptiles, farm, ocean, and circus miniatures.
3. Art supplies (glue, glitter, popsicle sticks, markers, crayons, paper, confetti, sequins, fake gems, ribbons)
4. Puppet Supplies (Paper towel holders, construction paper, small moveable eyes, pipe cleaners)
5. Paper Plates & Card Stock
6. Play Dough
7. Affirmation Jar
8. Small Slinkys
9. Bubble Bottle
11. Copies of activities in the Creative Counseling 101 Ebook (have an idea of what you will use but bring extra activities in case the client needs something else.)
12. Small Empty Boxes
13. Pre-selected books based on the client's needs
14. Small dolls and stuffed animals
15. Magazine’s that relate to a client’s personality (for making clip art).
16. Traveling Sand Tray for sand tray therapy
17. Clip art Cutouts (Computer with access to printer and clip art sites.)
The Creative Counselor is ready to travel with the creative counseling tools based on the client's needs.
This is also a great way to "start" your play therapy, sand tray therapy, art therapy, or creative counseling room.
Disclaimer: This website and its content is intended for trained licensed mental health professionals and school certified mental health professionals to use for their clients / students at their own discretion.
*If you ignore the disclaimer above are using these techniques on yourself and you feel any discomfort or upset it is highly suggested that you seek out a licensed mental health professional immediately.
For any other type of mental health emergency call your local 911 / Police Number immediately.
Dr. Stangline does not offer advice / suggestions to anyone who is not a professional mental health provider, or a student who is studying this field and has questions about mental health programs of study.
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's less than $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
Art Therapy 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
Only $39.95Art Therapy 101 eBook for Sale Link
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information: