Rationale: Many children today do not like the heavy and old fashioned taste of traditional gingerbread cookies. The recipe below takes a modern twist on the old gingerbread recipe and children often prefer the taste of these “Child Friendly Gingerbread Cookies”. Try this tasty gingerbread cookie mix for your little ones today!
Child Friendly Gingerbread Cookie Ingredients:
2 ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
1 ½ cup white sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Directions for Child Friendly Gingerbread Cookies:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl mix all dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl mix all wet ingredients together until smooth.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl. Blend together well.
4. Roll out the dough and dust a tiny bit of flour on the top. Cut out the gingerbread cookie shape, or use a sunflower cookie cut out shape to make it look like a warm fuzzy.
5. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes. Let stand until cool. Frost as desired.
6. Eat and Enjoy or use for the "Gingerbread Man Hunt". See the link below for more information.
Disclaimer: This website and its content is intended for trained licensed mental health professionals and school certified mental health professionals to use for their clients / students at their own discretion.
*If you ignore the disclaimer above are using these techniques on yourself and you feel any discomfort or upset it is highly suggested that you seek out a licensed mental health professional immediately.
For any other type of mental health emergency call your local 911 / Police Number immediately.
Dr. Stangline does not offer advice / suggestions to anyone who is not a professional mental health provider, or a student who is studying this field and has questions about mental health programs of study.
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's less than $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
Art Therapy 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
Only $39.95Art Therapy 101 eBook for Sale Link
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information: