Using the printable worksheet below follow the directions for the self healing art therapy counseling color scribble. Try to do this as a daily addition to your meditation, or use as an adjunct to your therapy program. This self healing art therapy counseling technique is wonderful for homework assignments. As always, before you use a technique on your clients: use it on yourself first!
1. What colors did you chose today for your self healing art therapy counseling color scribble?
2. How can you connect these colors from your self healing art therapy counseling color scribble to your feelings (Examples: Red / Anger, Black / Anxiety / Blue, Sadness / Yellow, Happy?
3. Which color did you use the most of in your self healing art therapy counseling color scribble?
4. What areas are heavily shaded? Lightly shaded in your self healing art therapy counseling color scribble?
5. What area of the paper did you concentrate your color scribble on (top, bottom, side)?
6. Do you see any “hot spots” or “clusters of interest” on your self healing art therapy counseling color scribble?
7. What is your “inner being” trying to say to you through this self healing art therapy counseling color scribble you created today?
8. What can you take with you from your self healing art therapy counseling color scribble and apply to your day?
9. Give a name to your self healing art therapy counseling color scribble.
10. Keep your art self healing art therapy counseling color scribble near you today. You may find other parts of interest throughout your day.
Disclaimer: This website and its content is intended for trained licensed mental health professionals and school certified mental health professionals to use for their clients / students at their own discretion.
*If you ignore the disclaimer above are using these techniques on yourself and you feel any discomfort or upset it is highly suggested that you seek out a licensed mental health professional immediately.
"Beyond Art Therapy" is the concept from Dr. Stangline that combines all creative fields in therapy. It is not the traditional "art therapy" but goes beyond to include sand tray therapy, play therapy, mindfulness, meditation, color therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and a vast majority of other therapies.
For any other type of mental health emergency call your local 911 / Police Number immediately.
Dr. Stangline does not offer advice / suggestions to anyone who is not a professional mental health provider, or a student who is studying this field and has questions about mental health programs of study.
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's less than $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
New!!! "Beyond Art Therapy" 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Beyond Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information: