(Play Therapy Student)
Play therapy game: Bullying Prevention
The Play Therapy Game - B-Aware: Bully Awareness Game was designed to address the growing problem of bullying within the schools. The game is ideal for elementary age students between grades 3-5. The play therapy game allows students to learn about ways to handle various bully scenarios that typically occur both in and outside of school. The game also identifies different forms of bullying/ bullying prevention, and increases student’s awareness of this growing issue.
Play Therpay Game: B- Aware: Bully Awareness Game Instructions
Rules of the Play Therapy Game for Bullying Prevention:
1. Each player places his or her game-piece in the ‘Start’ box.
2. During the play therapy game, players take turns throwing the dice. Each time that the dice is thrown, the player moves their game piece across the same number of spaces on the game-board as appear on the dice. The Game Leader then reads off a question from one of the three sets of color coded bullying scenario cards.
• If the player answers the question correctly, that player earns 2 points.
• If the player does not answer the question correctly (despite encouragement and support from the Game Leader), that player does not earn any points for that question.
The Game Leader (e.g., classroom teacher) has the final say about whether a student’s response is acceptable. If an answer is partially correct or shows promise, the Game Leader can encourage the student to elaborate his or her response or provide helpful ‘hints’ that lead the student to the correct answer. The ultimate point in the game, after all, is to motivate students to review and fully understand bully-prevention concepts.
4. Whenever a player is lucky enough to finish his or her move on a square
which reads (“Mystery Bag”), the player chooses a small prize from a mystery bag.
5. The object of the play therapy game is for at least one of the players to get to the ‘End’ box. The player that successfully makes it to the end and has the highest number of points wins!
Learn How to Use Play Therapy Link:
Learn how to use Play Therapy
For more free ideas on creative therapy visit the link below:
Creative Counseling 101.com Home
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit Your Creative Counseling Ideas / Lessons with Other Professionals / Publish Your Ideas Here!.
Disclaimer: This website and its content is intended for trained licensed mental health professionals and school certified mental health professionals to use for their clients / students at their own discretion.
*If you ignore the disclaimer above are using these techniques on yourself and you feel any discomfort or upset it is highly suggested that you seek out a licensed mental health professional immediately.
"Beyond Art Therapy" is the concept from Dr. Stangline that combines all creative fields in therapy. It is not the traditional "art therapy" but goes beyond to include sand tray therapy, play therapy, mindfulness, meditation, color therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and a vast majority of other therapies.
For any other type of mental health emergency call your local 911 / Police Number immediately.
Dr. Stangline does not offer advice / suggestions to anyone who is not a professional mental health provider, or a student who is studying this field and has questions about mental health programs of study.
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
See Creative Counseling 101 eBook Information Here:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's less than $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
See Complete Set of eBooks For Sale Here:
New!!! "Beyond Art Therapy" 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Beyond Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information:
Warm & Fuzzy School Counselor Guidance Lessons eBook