Make the World a Better Place Day is
Help us make the world a better place by using February 9th as the day to do one thing in your life that will make the world a better place.
Okay, so it is just one day you might say, how can that do any good? You see, if you start small and do one thing to make the world a better place you might just start something wonderful! This is a great way to teach children commitment, courage, consistency, and heart.
What can you commit to in your life for one day to make the world a better place? Can you change one thing in your world a better place for one day?
After you commit to making the world a better place for one day, try to make the commitment to make the world a better place for seven days! Then try to commit to making the world a better place for one year!
Here are some suggestions for anyone who wants to make the world a better place for one day:
1. Start small at first and commit to only one day of making the world a better place.
2. Keep it simple! Pick something that you believe in and make the world a better place for that day.
3. Fill out the “Make a Difference in the World” promise pledge below and post it somewhere where people can see it.
4. Get your family and friends to fill out the “Make a Difference in the World” pledge and create a chain of heart pledges to show the world you and yours want to make a difference in the world on February 9th.
5. Share your commitments with others on February 9th! Let others see that you are making a difference in the world on this special day!
6. Now, take your commitment for one day and try to commit to seven days of making a difference in the world!
7. Continue making a difference in the world after February 9th and try to do it for an entire year!
Here are some ideas to try if you need them:
1. Commit to being extra kind to animals.
2. Stand up to someone who is being bullied.
3. Pick up trash in your neighborhood.
4. Write a kind note to someone and thank them for something.
5. Volunteer for something! Work with animals, children, hospitals, etc.
6. Recycle your trash.
7. Donate some old clothes to a charity.
8. Join a charity of your choice and learn how to make a difference with their support.
9. Draw a poster to promote awareness about something that people need to know about.
10. Create a “Make the World a Better Place” bracelet, or anklet. See the directions below.
11. Tell ten people that you are trying to make the world a better place on February 9th. Explain what you are choosing to do to make the world a better place.
12. Save water and commit to conservation.
13. Practice a random act of kindness.
14. Do one nice thing for someone.
15. Listen to someone when they have a problem.
16. Share something with someone.
17. Write a letter to your congressmen to help change something.
18. Send a thank you note to some random person in the military thanking them for service.
Fill out the promise pledge below and display it where other people can see it.
If you can get others to fill out the promise pledge make a chain of hearts and hang them as a garland for others to see.
“Make the World a Better Place”
Ring or Bracelett Project
- Yellow Yarn to symbolize “Courage”
- Blue Yarn to symbolize “Commitment”
- Green Yarn to symbolize “Consistency”
- A small red heart token to symbolize “Love and Kindness”
Disclaimer: This website and its content is intended for trained licensed mental health professionals and school certified mental health professionals to use for their clients / students at their own discretion.
*If you ignore the disclaimer above are using these techniques on yourself and you feel any discomfort or upset it is highly suggested that you seek out a licensed mental health professional immediately.
"Beyond Art Therapy" is the concept from Dr. Stangline that combines all creative fields in therapy. It is not the traditional "art therapy" but goes beyond to include sand tray therapy, play therapy, mindfulness, meditation, color therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and a vast majority of other therapies.
For any other type of mental health emergency call your local 911 / Police Number immediately.
Dr. Stangline does not offer advice / suggestions to anyone who is not a professional mental health provider, or a student who is studying this field and has questions about mental health programs of study.
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's less than $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
New!!! "Beyond Art Therapy" 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Beyond Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information: