The Magic Bubble Wand activity is a fresh take on the traditional "Reality Therapy's Three Wishes" question.
Instead of just asking a client to name three wishes, (One will probably be related to why they are in therapy), try this technique with the Magic Bubble Wand.
Materials Needed For Magic Bubble Wish Wand:
Wire coat hanger or thick wire (Copper Works Best)
1 Wooden Dowel Paint and Paint Pens 2 Marbles
Thin wire for decor
1 minute epoxy glue
Directions for Magic Bubble Wand:
1. Tell the client you are going to make a "Magic Bubble Wand" to make three wishes with.
2. Next,take the coat hanger and ask the client to form it into a shape. Stars and butterflies are easy to form, but any shape can be made. Leave enough wire to wrap around the dowel.
3. Decorate the long wooden dowel with paint and paint pens.
4. Glue a marble at each end of the dowel. Allow to dry.
5. Wrap the remaining wire around the dowel. Apply the epoxy glue. Allow to dry.
Directions For Magic Bubble Liquid for Three Wishes Technique
1. Mix six cups water with 1/2 cup dish washing soap, and 2-3 tablespoons of glycerin. Stir slowly. Best if made before and allowed to sit overnight.
Directions for Three Wishes Technique
1. Ask your client to come up with three wishes in their life that would really make a difference if one or more wishes came true. One of the wishes has to be based in reality.
2. Process each wish with the client. What would they really gain if each wish came true? How would their life be better?
3. Go over goal setting with the client. What would it take to make one or more of the wishes come true in their life? What responsibility would they have to take to make the wish or wishes come true?
For more ideas and information on Realty's Therapy's Three Wishes Technique see the link below:
Disclaimer: This website and its content is intended for trained licensed mental health professionals and school certified mental health professionals to use for their clients / students at their own discretion.
*If you ignore the disclaimer above are using these techniques on yourself and you feel any discomfort or upset it is highly suggested that you seek out a licensed mental health professional immediately.
"Beyond Art Therapy" is the concept from Dr. Stangline that combines all creative fields in therapy. It is not the traditional "art therapy" but goes beyond to include sand tray therapy, play therapy, mindfulness, meditation, color therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and a vast majority of other therapies.
For any other type of mental health emergency call your local 911 / Police Number immediately.
Dr. Stangline does not offer advice / suggestions to anyone who is not a professional mental health provider, or a student who is studying this field and has questions about mental health programs of study.
Learn how to be a more Creative Counselor / Therapist with the book that started it all!
Learn step by step therapy with over fifty-five creative counseling and therapy techniques and activities. Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award, 2012
Download Your Copy Today
The Creative Counseling 101
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's only $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95).
Your complete set includes: Creative Counseling 101 Creative Group Counseling 101 Creative Play Therapy 101 Creative Sand Tray Therapy 101
Order Your Complete eBook Set Today by Clicking The Link Below:
Only $98.95 for all four eBooksSee Complete Set of ALL eBooks For Sale
Get a year's worth of school counselor's guidance lessons, character education words, and social stories! Complete with lesson plans and behavior incentives.
This ebook includes 252 pages of step by step group therapy ideas for school counselors and professional therapists.
Group topics include grief, anger management, friendship, self-esteem, positive behavior, and stress management with colorful, reproducible worksheets.
Download Your Copy Today (See Below Link):
Creative Small Group Counseling 101 eBook
Learn about the creative sand tray therapy process. This is an exact replica of the graduate sand tray therapy class I teach at a major university in Atlanta. You get 147 pages of creative ways to do sand tray therapy. Also included are colorful, reproducible worksheets for your clients to use and take home.
Buy it today for only $39.95Sand Tray Therapy eBook Information and Order Form
You can now learn everything I teach to graduate counseling students with this Creative Play Therapy eBook. The eBook has 25 sessions (181 pages) with step by step colored lesson plans and reproducible worksheets. Learn how to use the play therapy doll house, puppets, miniatures, miniature worlds, the sand tray, and more! If you work with children or teens then this book is a must have item for your practice.
Download your Play Therapy 101 eBook today!
eBook Play Therapy Book only $39.99
More Information for the Play Therapy eBook & Order Form
Learn how to deal with bullies and mean teasers the emotionally intelligent way! Click the link below for more information: