I use this Anger Management Affirmation Chart with students in my elementary school.This chart would also benefit middle and high school students with anger issues who need help for anger management.
I came up with this anger management affirmation chart when I had several students with severe anger issues. I find that with many mental health issues, you need to keep switching the coping skills around to keep the interest of the child.
Make sure you are using an anger management journal and other anger management resources (found on the link below) to keep anger management fresh and interesting.
Materials Needed for Anger Management Affirmation Chart:
Print Out Sheet Below
Directions for Anger Management Affirmation Chart:
1. Ask students / clients what makes them angry.
2. Brainstorm with students / clients thoughts (affirmations) from each that can help calm them down when they are angry to help with anger management.
3. The chart below can be used in place of custom anger management words. Or, you can erase the prelabeled words and add custom affirmation statements.
4. Have the student decorate their anger management affirmation chart and tape it to their desk in the classroom, keep in a private journal, or locker. Clients can keep their anger management affirmation chart at home in a safe place.
For more creative anger management ideas see the links below:Anger Management Ideas
Disclaimer: This website and its content is intended for trained licensed mental health professionals and school certified mental health professionals to use for their clients / students at their own discretion.
*If you ignore the disclaimer above are using these techniques on yourself and you feel any discomfort or upset it is highly suggested that you seek out a licensed mental health professional immediately.
"Beyond Art Therapy" is the concept from Dr. Stangline that combines all creative fields in therapy. It is not the traditional "art therapy" but goes beyond to include sand tray therapy, play therapy, mindfulness, meditation, color therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and a vast majority of other therapies.
For any other type of mental health emergency call your local 911 / Police Number immediately.
Dr. Stangline does not offer advice / suggestions to anyone who is not a professional mental health provider, or a student who is studying this field and has questions about mental health programs of study.
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's less than $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
New!!! "Beyond Art Therapy" 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Beyond Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information: