This is a wonderful way to talk to elementary students about Red Ribbon Week and drug prevention. It is always tricky to talk to the younger students regarding the dangers of drugs. This was written by the brilliant school counselor Jennie Hutto-Smith.
Red Ribbon Week Activities
By Jennie Hutto- Smith
Day One: SMART Students Don’t Do Drugs!
Give out the candy Smarties to students for Red Ribbon Week!
6 Ways to Use Your Head…
1) Learn about the dangers of drugs.
2) Make smart choices everyday!
3) Show good character everyday!
4) Choose friends who don’t use drugs.
5) Find healthy ways to have fun.
6) Set goals for a bright future!
Don’t let drugs TWIST YOU MIND! Give out pretzels for Red Ribbon Week.
6 Reasons Why Drugs are NEVER the Answer…
1) Drugs create problems—not solve them!
2) Drugs cause you to make BAD CHOICES!
3) Drugs hurt your body and cause death!
4) Drugs damage your brain!
5) Drugs are illegal and get you into trouble!
6) Drugs will destroy your dreams!
Be a GREAT “Roll” Model… Stay Drug-Free!
Give out Tootsie Rolls for Red Ribbon Week.
· Make a difference with what you DO and SAY!
· Be proud of who you are and BE YOURSELF!
· Make a promise to yourself to STAY DRUG-FREE!
· Be the BEST YOU CAN BE!
· Set high goals for yourself!
Day Four: My Future’s so Bright…
I Have to Wear Shades!
Allow students to wear sun glasses, or give them a pair for Red Ribbon Week.
Being Drug-Free Helps Me:
· LOOK and FEEL my best!
· Stay IN CONTROL of my body!
· DO MY BEST IN SCHOOL!
· Grow-up STRONG and HEALTHY!
· Achieve my DREAMS!
· Be a RESPONSIBLE STUDENT and CITIZEN!
· Make SMART CHOICES and avoid bad consequences!
Day Five: The SWEETEST THINGS in Life are DRUG-FREE!
Give out candy to students for Red Ribbon Week. Lifesaver candy works best!
· Learning new things
· Having great friends
· Caring about your family
· Making good choices and having good consequences
· Having a healthy body
· Eating your favorite foods
· Having hobbies, being in clubs, and playing sports
Life is a “HOLE” Lot Better
When You are Drug Free!
5 Great Things about Avoiding Drugs:
1) You think clearly and stay healthier.
2) You don’t have to lie and sneak around.
3) You can succeed in school and have a great future.
4) You can earn the respect of others by setting a good example.
5) You are obeying the law and avoiding jail
Red Ribbon Week Activity Chart
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's only $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
Art Therapy 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
Only $39.95Art Therapy 101 eBook for Sale Link
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information: