Brain Based Juggling: Learn how to Juggle Activity & Directions
Do you want your students to have higher test scores and be less stressed out? Here is a secret from Brain Research:
Many neuroscientists are now teaching themselves how to juggle to improve their own memory, concentration, creativity, and focusing. And you can bet that they are teaching their own children and patients to do the same!
People of all ages (starting with kindergarteners and ending with the elderly population) can learn to juggle to improve problem solving, increase self-esteem, improve hand eye coordination and gross motor skills.
Juggling incorporates the three educational domains of psychomotor, cognitive, and affect. It can teach the young and old alike skills such as goal setting, delay of gratification, and balance.
But the best news of all is that juggling grows dendrites in the brain! It also is a stress reducer. Try to teach juggling to your students and see if you can grow dendrites and get higher test scores!
Materials for Learning how to Juggle Brain Based Activity Beginner:
- Scarves cut into squares or any other light material cut into squares
Materials for Learning how to Juggle Brain Based Activity Intermediates:
- Bean Bags in bright colors, Homemade Balloon Sand Bags, tennis balls
Materials for Learning how to Juggle Brain Based Activity Advance:
- Small balls or bowling pins
Directions for Brain Based Learn how to Juggling Activity:
1. Start beginners out with cut out squares of scarves or any other lightweight materials.
2. Try throwing one scarf up in the air at a time. Throw with one hand and catch with the other hand.
3. Add another scarf square and keep practicing.
4. Now, try a sand filled small balloon in bright colors. Try one at first and add another.
5. Next, move up to bean bags or tennis balls. Keep practicing and finally add three balls or bean bags.
6. Try tossing to another person for more hand and eye coordination.
For more free ideas on creative play therapy visit the link below: Creative Counseling 101.com Home
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's only $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
Art Therapy 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
Only $39.95Art Therapy 101 eBook for Sale Link
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information: