This is an exercise in play therapy art that is similar to the game Pictionary. Basically, the play therapy client and the play therapist are making a play therapy game out of feelings.
This play therapy activity is an excellent way to identify and release feelings in the form of play therapy art.
Materials for Play Therapy Pictionary Game:
Several large sheets of white paper
Colored markers, crayons, or paint
List of five to ten “feeling words”
Easel or table
Directions for Play Therapy Pictionary Game:
1. Ask your play therapy client to pick five to ten feeling words and write them down. These feeling words should come from feelings the client has experienced in the past day or week.
2. Once the feeling words have been identified, ask the play therapy client to paint or draw (with colored markers or crayons) the feelings on paper.
3.The play therapist will call out a word while the play therapy client paints or draws a feeling related to the “feeling word” the therapist stated. This game is similar to Pictionary.
4. The play therapist will continue to state the “feeling words” identified by the play therapy client. Each “feeling word” will be drawn or painted to create a unique “feeling picture.”
5. Discuss the drawing or painting after each “feeling word” is stated. Talk about the final picture or painting and process what it felt like for the play therapy client to put the feelings down on paper.
6. The play therapy client may want to take the picture home to celebrate their feelings, or to further explore their feelings.
Learn how to be a more Creative Counselor / Therapist with the book that started it all!
Learn step by step therapy with over fifty-five creative counseling and therapy techniques and activities. Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award, 2012
Download Your Copy Today
The Creative Counseling 101
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's only $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95).
Your complete set includes: Creative Counseling 101 Creative Group Counseling 101 Creative Play Therapy 101 Creative Sand Tray Therapy 101
Order Your Complete eBook Set Today by Clicking The Link Below:
Only $98.95 for all four eBooksSee Complete Set of ALL eBooks For Sale
Get a year's worth of school counselor's guidance lessons, character education words, and social stories! Complete with lesson plans and behavior incentives.
This ebook includes 252 pages of step by step group therapy ideas for school counselors and professional therapists.
Group topics include grief, anger management, friendship, self-esteem, positive behavior, and stress management with colorful, reproducible worksheets.
Download Your Copy Today (See Below Link):
Creative Small Group Counseling 101 eBook
Learn about the creative sand tray therapy process. This is an exact replica of the graduate sand tray therapy class I teach at a major university in Atlanta. You get 147 pages of creative ways to do sand tray therapy. Also included are colorful, reproducible worksheets for your clients to use and take home.
Buy it today for only $39.95Sand Tray Therapy eBook Information and Order Form
You can now learn everything I teach to graduate counseling students with this Creative Play Therapy eBook. The eBook has 25 sessions (181 pages) with step by step colored lesson plans and reproducible worksheets. Learn how to use the play therapy doll house, puppets, miniatures, miniature worlds, the sand tray, and more! If you work with children or teens then this book is a must have item for your practice.
Download your Play Therapy 101 eBook today!
eBook Play Therapy Book only $39.99
More Information for the Play Therapy eBook & Order Form
Learn how to deal with bullies and mean teasers the emotionally intelligent way! Click the link below for more information: