Stress Reduction Activity: Message In A Bottle Balloon
Burst Your Stressful Feelings With The Message In A Bottle Stress Reduction Balloon Activity.
Sometimes it just feels good to burst a balloon that was filled with negative feelings and release the stress within.
In this stress reduction exercise, the client will write down negative thoughts and feelings on a small strip of paper.
Once these thoughts are placed on the inside of a balloon you get the client to try to burst the balloon with their hands or feet.
It is hard to make the balloon pop due to the fact that the balloon was only blown up half way. I usually find that the client starts to laugh very hard when they try to pop the balloon.
All the stress is released with this exciting exercise.
At my house we often do this exercise when we get stressed out or angry about something. It is so much fun to use as a tool to reduce stress or anger.
At home we always end up laughing when doing this stress reduction activity. A negative is then turned into a positive.
This activity for stress reduction is so much more fun than the traditional temper tantrum. It works for clients of all ages!
Materials for Stress Reduction Activity:
-Balloons (Larger ones work best.)
-Strips of paper for writing down negative thoughts and feelings
- A sharpie marker to write the title of the feeling on the balloon or draw a face on it.
Stress Reduction Activity Directions:
1. Ask the client to disclose what is causing them stress. Have the client write down these negative thoughts and feelings on a small piece of paper.
2. Wad the thought up and insert it into a flat balloon.
3. Blow up the balloon half way (Do not blow up all the way as this will cause the balloon to pop easily.)
4. Encourage the client to give the balloon a title or name. The client can also draw a face on the balloon that relates to the feeling.
5. The final step is to get the client to try to step on or hit the balloon. This will take a while because the balloon is half way blown up. Give the client plenty of space to try to pop the balloon.
6. After the balloon finally pops discuss with the client some other activities to use for stress reduction.
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's less than $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
Art Therapy 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
Only $39.95Art Therapy 101 eBook for Sale Link
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information: