Try this "Finding Happiness Chart" for yourself, and also for your clients. Use Sharpie markers in assorted colors to bring color therapy into the session.
What truly makes you happy? Are you ready to put it in writing? On a "Happiness Chart"? If so this activity is for you. If you are a therapist, try it first on yourself. Anyone can keep up with the "Happiness Chart" (therapist, clients, anyone).
The idea behind this "Happiness Chart" is that you will identify and label the things in life that make you happy, the things in life that are neutral, and the things in life that make you unhappy.
Once you label these "Happy, Neutral, and Unhappy items you need to add them to the "Happiness Chart" above.
Keep the "Happiness Chart" in a visual place and review it daily. Spend more time with the things that make you happy. Accept the neutral things, and try to change the things that make you unhappy.
The labeling process on the "Happiness Chart" helps you visualize and put into categories the things that make you happy and unhappy.
The "Happiness Chart" will bring your life into perspective and break the denial process. It will help you see what is bringing you happiness, joy, saddness, and pain.
A bonus of the "Happiness Chart" is that by offering colored Sharpies, you can translate color therapy and see how the client feels about the words they write down.
Materials for the "Happiness Chart":
- "Happiness Chart" Printout Below
- Sharpies in Assorted Colors to use to write the words and translate in "Color Therapy".
Directions for the "Happiness Chart":
1. Ask yourself, or your client, to list the things that make you (or them) truly happy and write them on the "Happy Face" part of the chart.
2. Ask yourself, or your client, to list the things in life that make you (or them) feel neutral. Write these on the "Neutral Face".
3. Ask yourself, or your client, to list the things in life that make you (or them) unhappy. Write these on the "Unhappy Face".
4. Once the "Happiness Chart" is complete process with yourself, or your client, each area of the chart.
5. Identify which colors were used to write the words. Translate these colors on the Color Therapy chart page. See the link below for the Color Therapy Chart page.
House-Tree-Person Art Therapy Technique
Catastrophe Scale in Art Therapy Activity
What do the colors mean in Art Therapy & Color Psychology?
Shelter House Art Therapy Technique
Art Therapy Group Counseling Activity Worksheet
Art Therapy Family Portrait Drawing
Art Therapy Self-Portrait
Art Therapy Assessment Drawing Technique
Art Therapy Interpreting Drawings
Get More Ideas Here: Creative Counseling 101 Home
Disclaimer: This website and its content is intended for trained licensed mental health professionals and school certified mental health professionals to use for their clients / students at their own discretion.
*If you ignore the disclaimer above are using these techniques on yourself and you feel any discomfort or upset it is highly suggested that you seek out a licensed mental health professional immediately.
"Beyond Art Therapy" is the concept from Dr. Stangline that combines all creative fields in therapy. It is not the traditional "art therapy" but goes beyond to include sand tray therapy, play therapy, mindfulness, meditation, color therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and a vast majority of other therapies.
For any other type of mental health emergency call your local 911 / Police Number immediately.
Dr. Stangline does not offer advice / suggestions to anyone who is not a professional mental health provider, or a student who is studying this field and has questions about mental health programs of study.
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's less than $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
New!!! "Beyond Art Therapy" 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Beyond Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information: