I use this lesson with grades K to 5th. It is a wonderful way to introduce children to feelings.
We talk about how all feelings are helpful even if some do not feel so good. Feelings make us take action to protect ourselves. Negative feelings tell us something is wrong that we need to fix in our life.
Positive feelings tell us that things are going really well and we need to continue what we are doing. Everyone needs to learn to listen to their feelings.
This game will help the school counselor teach children how to handle feelings in an appropriate manner.
Warm Fuzzy Feelings Chart Below
Basket of Warm Fuzzy Pom Pom Balls
School Counselor Elementary Guidance Lesson
Warm Fuzzy Feelings Chart Game
This is a great way to get students to open up and identify feelings early in the year.
Materials: Warm Fuzzy Feeling Chart
Basket of assorted warm fuzzy pom pom balls
1. Allow the student to pick a warm fuzzy from a basket filled with assorted warm fuzzy pom pom balls.
2.See what color the student picked and ask if they want to find out who they picked? If they say yes, go to the chart and tell them the name of the warm fuzzy color they chose.
3. I always ask the child a question relating to the name of the warm fuzzy color. For example, if a child picks the warm fuzzy named “Dream” I might ask, “What do you dream about”?
4. Ask the child to think of a time they felt the feeling that matches up to the identified warm fuzzy feeling in the chart below.
5. If it is a negative feeling you can ask the group what they should do to help that feeling feel better.
Example: You pick red for anger. What did you do when you were feeling angry?
You might say I took a walk, counted to ten, etc.
6. Allow each child to pick a warm fuzzy and identify a feeling. They get to tell about a time they felt that feeling and what they did to make it better if they had a negative feeling.
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's only $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
Art Therapy 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
Only $39.95Art Therapy 101 eBook for Sale Link
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information: