Creative Counseling Teaches You All About Play Therapy Puppets for Play Therapy Use...
I had play therapy puppets in my play therapy room for years before I actually figured out how valuable they were.
If a client is open to using play therapy puppets I can gain tremendous insight into their personal world. Now, I could not imagine doing play therapy without the use of play therapy puppets and a play therapy puppet theater.
If you work with children you need to learn how to utilize play therapy puppets in your play therapy sessions. Seek supervision from a trained play therapist before you begin.
Children will project their feelings and thoughts onto the play therapy puppets. They feel safe using a play therapy puppet to express themselves. If you are working with children you need to have several play therapy puppets in your office.
These play therapy puppets need to range from friendly to frightening. You need to have a few fairy tale puppets, animal puppets, and some predator puppets. It is always good to have a shark, dragon, or dinosaur with teeth available when using play therapy puppets.
In addition to a few ready made play therapy puppets children like to make their own play therapy puppets. The puppets the child chooses to make will give you a lot of information about what is going on within the child's inner world.
Children like to make play therapy puppets, especially if it looks just like them or their family members! Have your client make a self-portrait play therapy puppet and allow them to take it home with them.
I keep several paper towel and toilet paper holders on hand for children to make play therapy puppets in a play therapy session and then take home. This is a great activity for your young client to project his or her feelings onto a puppet and confront other play therapy puppets.
Mix your own play therapy puppets with the child’s homemade puppet to create the ultimate puppet show!
Here is how to make Paper Towel Holder Play Therapy Puppets or Play Therapy Toilet Paper Holder Puppets:
Materials for Play Therapy Puppets:
Directions for Play Therapy Puppets:
1. Cover the toilet or paper towel cardboard holder with paper of choice. You may want a color for the face, and colors for clothing.
2. Color in the face with nose, eyes, and ears.
3. For the eyes clip a small portion of the pipe cleaners. Glue to the eye area. Take the wiggly eyes and glue to the end of the pipe cleaners. This will give the eyes definition and a 3 D appearance.
4. Add yarn of choice for hair. Glue on the top of the paper towel holder or toilet paper holder.
5. Add clothing with paper or markers. . Large Popsicle sticks can be added for the base of the puppet. Play Therapy Paper Towel Puppet idea created by two of my best students: Lyndsey Morda and Angelie Greene.
Permission for Play Therapy Puppets granted to use idea by play therapy students: Angelie and Lyndsey.
See Homemade Play Therapy Puppet Examples Below:
See More Play Therapy Examples
Play Therapy Puppets to Make Your Own Play Therapy Tools
Play Therapy Puppets to Play Therapy Puppet Theater
Play Therapy Puppets to Even More Play Therapy Puppet Theaters
Play Therapy Puppets to Creative Counseling Home
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's only $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
Art Therapy 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
Only $39.95Art Therapy 101 eBook for Sale Link
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information: