Help your play therapy and art therapy clients get rid of stress with this fun activity! It only takes a moment to get it set up!
Stress Reduction Play Therapy and Art Therapy Activity: Stress Free Confetti
It is often helpful to get play therapy, or art therapy, clients to do something productive with their hands such as knitting, sewing, or building something.
When we work with our hands we calm down and go into an almost meditative state of mind. This creates an immediate stress reduction state of mind and is fantastic for play therapy and art therapy clients.
When a play therapy, or art therapy, client comes to me and is showing signs of stress or anxiety I ask them if they would like to make some “Stress Free Confetti”.
The simple act of making confetti calms a play therapy / art therapy client (and therapist) down and teaches a skill that can be emulated at home with little skill or effort. However, the effects and stress reduction are worth the minimal effort.
Materials for Stress Free Confetti Play Therapy / Art Therapy Technique:
The graphic above can be used to make confetti by taking a hole puncher to the colorful circles.
Decorative Hole Punch (One or several)
Regular Hole Punch, or Three Hole Punch
Construction or Thick Type of Colored Paper
Decorative Wrapping Paper
Glitter (Color of Choice or Assorted)
Assorted Colored Tissue Paper
(Optional) Flower Petals
Directions For Stress Reduction Play Therapy / Art Therapy Technique:
1. Take the assorted colored paper and hole punch different shapes or the colorful graphic above.
2. Cut up several small pieces of the colored paper. Add to the different shapes from the hole punch.
3. Take the tissue paper and tear off tiny bits. Add to the items above. Put in a plastic bag.
4. Once you have combined and shaken the above items in the bag add the glitter and flower petals. The flower petals will dry naturally in the bag.
5. Give your play therapy / art therapy client some extra paper to take home to cut or tear. When they get stressed out they can make more “Stress Free Confetti” and learn some valuable stress reduction skills in play therapy and art therapy.
Extensions For More Stress Reduction in play therapy / art therapy: See “Stress Free Confetti Balloons” and “Sweet Dream Confetti.”
My wish is that you will find the benefits of play therapy either as a trained professional play therapist, or play therapy client!
I truly hope that Creative Counseling 101 can open the creative doors for your practice with clients!
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's only $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
Art Therapy 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
Only $39.95Art Therapy 101 eBook for Sale Link
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information: