Do you have young children who get anxious when they are waiting for Santa to arrive?
"The Holiday Gingerbread Man Game" is the answer to your little one's excitement.
This game is a wonderful way to celebrate the holiday season with kids aged 2 to 9.
This game is a special way to spend an afternoon with the child or children that you love! It has become a yearly tradition at my house and has been passed down to the younger children of our family.
The Holiday Gingerbread Man Game for Children Ages 2 – 10 years old
Do you have young children who get anxious waiting for Christmas Day?
This is a wonderful game and activity to help little ones who are anxiously awaiting Santa Clause at Christmas time. I used to play this game with my son, nieces, and nephews a few days before Christmas. It helped take the edge off all the excitement and anticipation of Christmas Day.
Play this game with a child you love today. It will probably become a welcomed tradition at your house. This is also a fun game for any child, regardless of religion.
This game can also be played in the classroom as a non-religious activity that young children will enjoy. I still play this game with my elementary students during the holiday season.
One day, I hope to play this game with my future grandchildren! The children in my family and school will always remember this game and the fun we had playing it over the holiday season. Here’s to making happy holiday memories!
- Gingerbread Men Cut Outs for Clues (See Below)
- An inexpensive gift wrapped up
- Gingerbread Cookies (Ready Made, or Homemade)
Directions: 1.In advance cut out the gingerbread men cut outs. Do not let the children see this part. Do it in advance.
2. With a marker write directions where to go for the Gingerbread Man Hunt game (See cutout below for ideas). Again, do not let the children see this part.
3.Tape the gingerbread men cut outs in the rooms you will be hunting the gingerbread men in. Try to hide the clue somewhere to make the game more exciting. Again, do not allow the children to see this part of the game preparations.
4.Place the small, inexpensive gift at the end of the trail. Hide it in your Christmas tree or somewhere that a child can find it. Again, do not allow the children to see this part of the game.
5.Tell your child that you plan on calling the Gingerbread Man and asking him to bring a present by. Also, tell your child that it is a game to try to catch the Holiday Gingerbread Man.
6. Start to bake the cookies with your child, or have some ready- made at hand for the game. I use a large gingerbread man pan and put it in the oven on timer before I start the game. I also say that this entices the Holiday Gingerbread Man to come and visit.
7. Once the cookies and gingerbread men cut outs are in place, I start the game out by acting startled as if I saw a little Gingerbread Man run across the room. I call out, “What was that running through the kitchen? Let’s go find out together!”
8. With my child I run through the house looking for clues from the Holiday Gingerbread Man. The goal is to run through the hose hunting for clues together that lead to the hidden gift!
9. We find each clue and read it together. Then we run to the room the clue told us to go to and search for the next clue.
10. The last gingerbread cutout clue should lead you and your child to the small gift.
11. Hunt for the small gift and unwrap it while eating your gingerbread men cookies!
Enjoy this time with your little ones. It goes by so fast and you will one day have wonderful memories!
The Holiday Gingerbread Man Game to Creative Counseling 101 See More Game Activities Here
Learn how to be a more Creative Counselor / Therapist with the book that started it all!
Learn step by step therapy with over fifty-five creative counseling and therapy techniques and activities. Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award, 2012
Download Your Copy Today
The Creative Counseling 101
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's only $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95).
Your complete set includes: Creative Counseling 101 Creative Group Counseling 101 Creative Play Therapy 101 Creative Sand Tray Therapy 101
Order Your Complete eBook Set Today by Clicking The Link Below:
Only $98.95 for all four eBooksSee Complete Set of ALL eBooks For Sale
Get a year's worth of school counselor's guidance lessons, character education words, and social stories! Complete with lesson plans and behavior incentives.
This ebook includes 252 pages of step by step group therapy ideas for school counselors and professional therapists.
Group topics include grief, anger management, friendship, self-esteem, positive behavior, and stress management with colorful, reproducible worksheets.
Download Your Copy Today (See Below Link):
Creative Small Group Counseling 101 eBook
Learn about the creative sand tray therapy process. This is an exact replica of the graduate sand tray therapy class I teach at a major university in Atlanta. You get 147 pages of creative ways to do sand tray therapy. Also included are colorful, reproducible worksheets for your clients to use and take home.
Buy it today for only $39.95Sand Tray Therapy eBook Information and Order Form
You can now learn everything I teach to graduate counseling students with this Creative Play Therapy eBook. The eBook has 25 sessions (181 pages) with step by step colored lesson plans and reproducible worksheets. Learn how to use the play therapy doll house, puppets, miniatures, miniature worlds, the sand tray, and more! If you work with children or teens then this book is a must have item for your practice.
Download your Play Therapy 101 eBook today!
eBook Play Therapy Book only $39.99
More Information for the Play Therapy eBook & Order Form
Learn how to deal with bullies and mean teasers the emotionally intelligent way! Click the link below for more information: