How To Do A Play Therapy Family of Origin Genogram
Use the play therapy genogram when you need to get more information about the client’s home life and family system. I can get more information about the family system in one play therapy family of origin genogram than ten sessions of "talk therapy."
A play therapy genogram can be used with paper, sand tray, or in the doll house.
Materials for Play Therapy Genogram:
If you plan to use a paper play therapy genogram see the worksheet below.
Miniatures or Markers
Directions for Creating A Play Therapy Genogram:
1. The basic rules of a play therapy genogram are the male and female symbols. Males are represented by the square and females are represented by the circle.
2. To create a basic family play therapy genogram start with the family of origin. The parents are represented on the top of the line and the male symbol is placed first, followed by the female symbol.
The children are underneath the line drawn from left to right. The oldest child is placed to the left.
Other children are added based on oldest to youngest with the symbol of the sex.
3. To add grandparents repeat the same process above the father and the mother symbol of the genogram.
4. If your client is using miniatures on the play therapy genogram have them chose what miniatures they wish to represent each family member. Then ask them to place the miniatures on the appropriate symbol.
5. If your client is using markers have them draw a picture of the person inside the appropriate symbol of the play therapy genogram.
Learn how to be a more Creative Counselor / Therapist with the book that started it all!
Learn step by step therapy with over fifty-five creative counseling and therapy techniques and activities. Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award, 2012
Download Your Copy Today
The Creative Counseling 101
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's only $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95).
Your complete set includes: Creative Counseling 101 Creative Group Counseling 101 Creative Play Therapy 101 Creative Sand Tray Therapy 101
Order Your Complete eBook Set Today by Clicking The Link Below:
Only $98.95 for all four eBooksSee Complete Set of ALL eBooks For Sale
Get a year's worth of school counselor's guidance lessons, character education words, and social stories! Complete with lesson plans and behavior incentives.
This ebook includes 252 pages of step by step group therapy ideas for school counselors and professional therapists.
Group topics include grief, anger management, friendship, self-esteem, positive behavior, and stress management with colorful, reproducible worksheets.
Download Your Copy Today (See Below Link):
Creative Small Group Counseling 101 eBook
Learn about the creative sand tray therapy process. This is an exact replica of the graduate sand tray therapy class I teach at a major university in Atlanta. You get 147 pages of creative ways to do sand tray therapy. Also included are colorful, reproducible worksheets for your clients to use and take home.
Buy it today for only $39.95Sand Tray Therapy eBook Information and Order Form
You can now learn everything I teach to graduate counseling students with this Creative Play Therapy eBook. The eBook has 25 sessions (181 pages) with step by step colored lesson plans and reproducible worksheets. Learn how to use the play therapy doll house, puppets, miniatures, miniature worlds, the sand tray, and more! If you work with children or teens then this book is a must have item for your practice.
Download your Play Therapy 101 eBook today!
eBook Play Therapy Book only $39.99
More Information for the Play Therapy eBook & Order Form
Learn how to deal with bullies and mean teasers the emotionally intelligent way! Click the link below for more information: