Teach children how to behave in a fun way with this playful art therapy and play therapy "Candyland Behavior Game". Children can learn how to turn behavior around and have fun at the same time.
Below is a example of the Art Therapy & Play Therapy Positive Behavior Game that has already been completed.
Materials Needed for Positive Behavior Art Therapy / Play Therapy Game Board:
Positive Behavior Printable Board Below
Directions for Positive Behavior Art Therapy / Play Therapy Game Board:
1. Give a child who needs to work on positive behavior skills a print out of the art theray / play therapy game below. It does not need to be printed in color.
Create only one goal for the child and make sure the child understands the goal. Write the goal on the game. An example of this might be, "Keep your hands to yourself."
2. The teacher, or parent / guardian, will state how many white squares the child can cover in on the positive behavior game. The child can color in the amount of squares earned for something such as a reading block, math block, recess, etc.
3. Once all the white squares are completed the child has won the art therapy / play therapy positive behavior game! Give a treat, or a reward. The child can then color in the rest of the game board.
Note: Honesty is very important with this art therapy / play therapy positive behavior game. If the child cheats and colors in more white squares than told to the game is over!
Teachers love this art therapy / play therapy positive behavior game because they don't have to do anything but state how many white squares the child can color in.
Parents have also had success with this art therapy / play therapy game at home! This game helps children learn to self-regulate.
Make more copies and play the game over and over with a different reward each time!
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's only $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
Art Therapy 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
Only $39.95Art Therapy 101 eBook for Sale Link
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information: