This art therapy activity works well for an anger management technique. The first part is the anger management technique. The second part turns the anger into an art therapy project.
Materials Needed for the Art Therapy / Anger Management Activity:
- White paper
- Markers or crayons
Directions for Art Therapy / Anger Management Technique:
1. When your client / student’s angry ask them to take a piece of paper and crumble it up into a tight ball.
2. Give them a few minutes to make sure the ball is tightly crumbled. This will help them with their anger management.
3. Next, ask them if they want to turn their anger into something “calming and beautiful”.
4. If they say “Yes” then ask them to carefully open up the crumbled ball of paper.
5. Now, get them to color in the crumbled paper shapes as a calming anger management exercise and make a beautiful art therapy piece.
6. The simple act of coloring in-between the lines will help the client / student to calm down and learn a new anger management technique.
As you can see from the recreated image above, the client started out with red and orange colors, then moved to calmer shades of pastels.
*Note: You can take this art therapy technique one step further by having your client / student identify the colors they chose in the drawing. See the “Color Translation” page for an interpretation of the color therapy.
Continue to seek training as a art / counseling therapist.
House-Tree-Person Art Therapy Technique
Catastrophe Scale in Art Therapy Activity
What do the colors mean in Art Therapy & Color Psychology?
Shelter House Art Therapy Technique
Art Therapy Group Counseling Activity Worksheet
Art Therapy Family Portrait Drawing
Art Therapy Self-Portrait
Art Therapy Assessment Drawing Technique
Art Therapy Interpreting Drawings
Get More Ideas Here: Creative Counseling 101 Home
Anger Management & Art Therapy Crinkled Paper Technique
Art Therapy Counseling Pictionary
Art Therapy Christmas Tree Drawing & World
The Three Animals Art Therapy Technique
The Kinetic Family Drawing Art Therapy Technique/a>
The Kinetic School Drawing Art Therapy Technique/a>
String of Lights Art Therapy & Genogram Drawing Technique
Art Therapy / Meet in the Middle Activity
Art Therapy / Anger Mangement Angry Snowball Technique
See More Ideas Here:See Color Psychology Information Here
Step By Step Therapy:
Learn how to be a more Creative Therapist with the Book that started it all!
- Graduate School Counseling book used by hundreds of graduate counseling students!
- Includes full color reproducible worksheets with most activities.
- Winner of the Counselor Writer of the Year Award, 2011, Georgia Regional Award
Download Your Copy Today Only $39.95:
Get your complete set of the Creative Counseling 101.com eBooks by Dr. Michelle Stangline for only $98.95, that's only $25.00 per eBook (Regular Price is $39.95 for each eBook.).
Your complete set includes:
- Creative Counseling 101
- Creative Group Counseling 101
- Creative Play Therapy 101
- Creative Sand Tray 101
For more information click the link below:
Art Therapy 101 eBook
Over 300 pages of Art Therapy activities and techniques. Learn what I teach graduate counseling students!
See the link below for more information.
Only $39.95Art Therapy 101 eBook for Sale Link
See More Invividual eBooks For Sale:
Sand Tray Therapy 101 eBook:
Learn how to do Sand Tray Therapy or enhance your skills.
Play Therapy 101 eBook
Learn how to do play therapy or enhance your skills.
Small Group Counseling eBook For Sale:
Learn how to do creative group therapy and enhance your skills.
School Counselor Guidance Lesson & Social Stories eBook for sale:
Get a year's worth of school counselor guidance lessons with "Creative Warm & Fuzzy Classroom Guidance Lessons eBook". Introduce your students to the "Warm & Fuzzy Way". Click the link below for more information: